- 2018 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2018 Work Sessions/Committee Meetings UPCOMING
- 2018 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- Executive Office UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
- Paramedic Part-Time (Multiple) - EMS - Operations ($16.40 - $20.50 per hour)
- Renewable Energy Specialist - Renewable Energy - Agriculture & Farming (L12 $49,200 - $61,500)
- Senior Auditor - Office of Internal Audit and Ethics (L14 $58,794 - $73,493)
Closing Friday May 25, 2018
- Medical Social Worker - Tribal In-Home Care Services - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- R.N. Case Manager - Tribal In-Home Care Services - PHHS (L14 $58,794 - $73,493)
- Assistant Court Clerk - Tribal Court (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Grants & Contracts Analyst - Grants Compliance - Treasury (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Telecommunicator - Public Safety Comm. Center - Operations (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Truck Driver/Operator - Infrastructure - Housing (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Cook - Qualla Boundary HS/EHS - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
Closing Friday June 01, 2018
- VOIP Specialist - I.T - O.I.T (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Cook - Tsali Care Center - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Aquatics Coordinator - Cherokee Life - CERS (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Travel Counselor - Destination Marketing - Commerce (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Maintenance Utility Worker - Facilities - Operations (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Administrative Assistant - Tsalagi Public Health - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Family Safety Social Worker - Family Safety - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Outreach Worker/Need Exchange (Multiple) - Tsalagi Public Health - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Enrollment Specialist - Enrollment - Office of the Attorney General (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Broadband Office Administrator - Broadband Utility Office - I.T. (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Assistant Education Coordinator - EMS - Operations (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Detention Officer - Corrections - CIPD (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Recreation Aide (Part-Time) - Snowbird Recreation - Snowbird/Cherokee County Services (L3 $10.33 - $12.91 per hour)
- Supervisor - H.E.L.P. - Housing (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Reporter - Cherokee One Feather - Commerce (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Utility Worker (Recycling) - Solid Waste - Admin. & Public Works (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Operator and Maintenance Mechanic (Multiple) - Waste Water Treatment Plant - Admin. & Public Works (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Utility Worker (Collections) - Solid Waste - Admin. & Public Works (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.