- Town Hall Drug Meeting UPCOMING
- 2018 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2018 Work Sessions/Committee Meetings UPCOMING
- 2018 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- Executive Office UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
Open Until Filled
- Medical Social Worker - Tribal In Home Care Services - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Telecommunicator (Multiple) - Public Safety Communications Center - Public Safety (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Tribal In Home Care Services - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Director of Information Technology – I.T. (L15 $64,206 - $80,258)
- Conservation Outreach Coordinator - Natural Resources - Agriculture & Natural Resources (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Part-Time Paramedic (Multiple) - EMS - Public Safety ($16.40 - $20.50 per hour)
- Detention Officer (Multiple) - Corrections - CIPD (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
Closing Friday, December 21, 2018
- Youth Development Professional – Cherokee Youth Center – Community/Education/Recreation (L3 $21,484 – $26,855)
- Housekeeper I Light Duty – Housekeeping – Support Services (L3 $21,484 – $26,855)
- Driver – Transit – Support Services (L4 $23,616 – $29,520)
- Community Health Representative – Tsalagi Public Health – PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Certified Medical Assistant – Tsalagi Public Health – PHHS (L5 $25,830 – $32,288)
- Nutrition/Fitness Education Coordinator – Cherokee Choices – PHHS (L10 $41,082 – $51,353)
- Utility Worker – Tribal Construction – Operations (L4 $23,616 – $29,520)
- Project Monitor - Housing & Community Development - Housing (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Emergency Management Specialist - Emergency Management - Public Safety (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Family Safety Social Worker - Family Safety - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
Closing Monday, December 24, 2018
- Financial Analyst II – Budget & Finance – Treasury (L12 $49,200 – $61,500)
- Accountant – Budget & Finance – Treasury (L7 $31,078 – $38,848)
- Treasury Specialist - Budget & Finance - Treasury (L13 $53,792 - $67,240)
- Utility Worker (Sanitation) – Solid Waste – Administration (L3 $21,484 – $26,855)
- Teacher Assistant – Qualla Boundary EHS/HS – PHHS (L4 $23,616 – $29,520)
- Cook Aide – Qualla Boundary EHS/HS – PHHS (L2 $19,598 – $24,498)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.