- 2019 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2019 Town Hall Meetings UPCOMING
- 2019 Council Work Session UPCOMING
- 2019 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- 2018 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- Town Hall Drug Meeting UPCOMING
- Executive Office UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
Open Until Filled
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Tribal In Home Care Services - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Director of Information Technology – I.T. (L15 $64,206 - $80,258)
- Part-Time Paramedic (Multiple) - EMS - Public Safety ($16.40 - $20.50 per hour)
- Detention Officer (Multiple) - Corrections - CIPD (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Teacher – Qualla Boundary EHS/HS – PHHS (L7 $31,078 – $38,848)
- Utility Worker – Tribal Construction – Operations (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Kituwah Academy Teacher – Kituwah Preservation & Education Program – Community/Education/Recreation (L11 $45,018 - $56,273)
- Natural Resources Enforcement Officer (Multiple) – Natural Resources Enforcement – Public Safety (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Patrol Officer (Multiple) – Police Department – Public Safety (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Truck Driver - Tribal Construction - Operations (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Deputy Clerk – Tribal Court – Judicial Branch (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Family Safety Manager – Family Safety – Public Health & Human Services (L16 $70,192 - $87,740)
- Crew Leader/Operator/Well Technician - Tribal Construction - Operations (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Lead Grants & Contract Analyst - Budget & Finance - Treasury (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Certified Medical Assistant - Tsalagi Public Health - Public Health and Human Services (L5 $25,830 - $32,288)
- Watershed Coordinator - Natural Resources - Agriculture & Natural Resources (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Office Assistant - Family Support - SB/CC Services (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Housekeeper II Heavy Duty – Housekeeping – Support Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Housekeeper I Light Duty – Housekeeping – Support Services (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Driver – Transit – Support Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Utility Worker (Sanitation) – Solid Waste – Administration (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Family Safety Social Worker - Family Safety - Public Health & Human Services (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Office Coordinator - Family Support Services - Public Health & Human Services (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Electrician Helper - Facility Management - Administration (L5 $25,830 - $32,288)
- Part-Time Recreation Aide - Cherokee Life Recreation - Community/Education/Recreation Services (L3 $10.33 - $12.91 per hour)
- Operator & Maintenance Mechanic - Waste Water Treatment Plant - Infrastructure (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Medical Social Worker - Tribal In Home Care Services - Public Health & Human Services (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.