- 2017 Tribal Budget Hearings UPCOMING
- 2017 Council Work Sessions UPCOMING
- 2017 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2017 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- Executive Office UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
Closing Friday, December 08
- Education Program Specialist - Ed. & Train. / CERS ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Laborer (MULTIPLE) - HELP - Snowbird/Cherokee Co. ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Alcohol Law Enforcement Agent - CIPD / Public Safety (45,018 - $$56,273)
- Housekeeper I Light Duty - Housekeeping / Operations ($21,484 - $26,855)
- Equipment Operator - Cherokee DOT / Operations ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Civil Engineering Inspector - Cherokee DOT / Operations ($41,082 - $51,353)
- Early Childhood Language Specialist Assistant - KITUWAH Academy / CERS ($25,830 - $32,288)
- Early Childhood Language Specialist - KITUWAH Academy / CERS ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Early Childhood Supervisor - KITUWAH Academy / CERS ($45,018 - $56,273)
- Computer Specialist - IT / Office of Information Technology ($41,082 - $51,353)
- Behavioral Change Specialist - Cherokee Choices - PHHS ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Housekeeper - Tsali Care - PHHS ($21,484 - $26,855)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (Multiple) - Tsali Care - PHHS ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Cook Aide - Tsali Care - PHHS ($19,598 - $24,498)
- Administrative Assistant - Regulatory and Compliance - PHHS ($28,372 - $35,465)
- Cook - Tsali Care - PHHS ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Licensed Practical Nurse - Tsalagi Public Health - PHHS ($37,474 - $46,843)
- Family Safety Program Manager - PHHS ($64,206 - $80,258)
Closing Friday, December 15
- Utility Worker - Tribal Construction - Operations (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Community Development Assistant - Cooperative Extension (L6 $28.372 - $35,465)
- Teacher (Multiple) - Qualla Boundary HS & EHS - PHHS (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Youth Development Professional - Cherokee Youth Center - CERS (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
Closing January 08, 2018
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.