- Executive Office UPCOMING
- 2017 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- 2017 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2017 Council Work Sessions UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
Open until Filled - Public Health and Human Services
- Family Safety Program Manager - Family Safety - PHHS ($64,206 - $80,258)
- Family Safety Social Worker (X 6) - Family Safety - PHHS ($41,082 - $51,353)
- Social Worker - Tsali Care Center - PHHS - ($41,082 - $51,353)
- RN Supervisor (X 3) - Tsali Care Center ($49,200 - $61,500)
- C.N.A. – (X 10) - Tsali Care Center ($23,616 - $29,520)
- C.N.A. Part-time - Tsali Care Center - PHHS ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Family Safety Grant Coordinator- Family Safety ($34,112-$42,640)
- RN (X 3)– Tsali Care Center ($45,018 - $56,273)
- Cook Aide (X 3) – Tsali Care Center ($19,598 - $24,498)
- Teacher Assistant (X 5)- Dora Reed Center/QBHS/EHS ($21,284 - $26,855)
- Teacher (X 4)- Dora Reed Center/QBHS/EHS ($28,372 - $35,465)
- Housekeeper (X 2) - Tsali Care Center - Housekeeping - PHHS ($19,598 - $24,498)
- Housekeeper Supervisor - Tsali Care Center - Housekeeping - PHHS ($28,372 - $35,465)
- Cook - Dora Reed Center - QBHS/EHS - PHHS ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Cook Supervisor - Tsali Care Center - PHHS ($25,830 - $32,288)
Open Until Filled
- Detention Officer - Detention Services ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Shift Sergeant - Police Dept. - Public Safety ($45,018 - $56,273)
- School Resource Officer – Police Department – Public Safety ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Patrol Officer – Police Department – Public Safety ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Associate Attorney General III - Civil Law ($76,670 - $95,838)
- Part Time- Paramedic - Tribal EMS ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Full Time – Paramedic – Tribal EMS ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Corrections Officer (X 2) – Corrections – Public Safety ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Natural Resource Enforcement Officer (X 9)– NRE – Public Safety ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Education Supervisor – CYC- Education ($31,078-$38,848)
- Elementary Immersion Instructor (X2) – Kituwah Academy – CERS ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Finance & Investment Analyst - Financial Assets - Treasury ($41,082 - $51,353)
- Lead Environmental Lab Technician - Natural Resources - Agriculture & Farming ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Accounting Coordinator II - Finance - Treasury ($41,082 - $51,353)
- Budget Analyst - Finance - Treasury ($41,082 - $51,353)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.