- 2018 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2018 Work Sessions/Committee Meetings UPCOMING
- 2018 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- Executive Office UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
- Paramedic Part-Time (Multiple) - EMS - Operations ($16.40 - $20.50 per hour)
- Paramedic Full-Time (Multiple) - EMS - Operations (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
Closing Friday April 13, 2018
- Education Tutor Grades 4-6 - Graham County Indian Education - Snowbird/Cherokee County Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Public Safety Communications Manager - Public Safety - Operations (L12 $49,200 - $61,500)
- Assistant Education Coordinator - Emergency Medical Services - Operations (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
Closing Friday April 20, 2018
- Ground Maintenance (Multiple) – Public Works – Operations (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Teacher – Qualla Boundary HS/EHS – PHHS (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Stock Clerk – Commodities – PHHS (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Disbursements Processor – Disbursements – Treasury (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Advertising Sales Coordinator – One Feather – Commerce (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Special Events Assistant – Destination Marketing – Commerce (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Certified Nursing Assistant – Tribal In-Home Care Services – PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Domestic Violence Intake Worker – DV Program – PHHS (L $25,830 - $32,288)
- Victim Services Coordinator – Heart to Heart Child Advocacy Program – PHHS (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- GIS Mapping Tech (Multiple) – GIS – Realty (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Survey Technician – Surveying – Realty (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- GIS Web Application Developer – GIS – Realty (L12 $49,200 - $61,500)
- GIS Land Record Clerk – Civil Law Department – Attorney General’s Officer (L5 $25,830 - $32,288)
- Destination Marketing Director – Destination Marketing – Commerce (L15 $64,206 - $80,258)
- Early Childhood Language Specialist Assistant – Kituwah Academy – CERS (L5 $25,830 - $32,288)
- Early Childhood Language Specialist Assistant (Part-Time) – Kituwah Academy – CERS (L5 $12.42 - $15.52 per hour)
Closing Friday April 27, 2018
- Grants & Contracts Analyst - Grants Compliance - Treasury (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Family Safety Social Worker - Family Safety - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Stock Clerk - Tribal Foods Distribution - PHHS (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Health Educator - Tsalagi Public Health - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Remember the Removal Bike Ride/Group Fitness Coordinator - Cherokee Choices - PHHS (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Nutrition/Fitness Education Coordinator - Cherokee Choices - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Detention Officer - Corrections - CIPD (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Recreation Coordinator - Tsali Manor - PHHS (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Carpenter - Snowbird/ Cherokee Co. Services (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
Closing Friday May 4, 2018
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.