- Executive Office UPCOMING
- 2018 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- 2019 Tribal Council LIVE NOW
- 2019 Council Work Session UPCOMING
- 2019 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2019 Town Hall Meetings UPCOMING
- Constitution Meetings UPCOMING
- Tribal Council Awards UPCOMING
- 2019 Primary Elections UPCOMING
- 2019 Budget Hearings UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
Closing Sunday October 13, 2019
- Teacher Assistant - Qualla Boundary HS/EHS - Public Health & Human Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Youth Development Professional – Cherokee Youth Center – Community/Education/Recreation Services (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Nutritionist – W.I.C. – Public Health & Human Services (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Certified Nursing Assistant – Tribal In-Home Care Services – Public Health & Human Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
Open Until Filled
- Natural Resources Enforcement Officer (Multiple) – Natural Resources Enforcement – Public Safety (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Patrol Officer (Multiple) – Police Department – Public Safety (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Detention Officer - Correction - Cherokee Indian Police Department (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Family Safety Manager – Family Safety – Public Health & Human Services (L16 $70,192 - $87,740)
- Housekeeper I Light Duty - Housekeeping - Support Services (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Driver - Transit - Support Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Grants & Contract Analyst - Grants Compliance - Treasury (L9 $37,434 - $46,843)
- Disbursements Processor - Disbursements - Finance (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Recreation Aide (Part-Time) – Cherokee Life Recreation – Community/Education/Recreation Services (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Lead Grants & Contract Analyst – Budget & Finance – Treasury (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.