- Chief Patrick H. Lambert UPCOMING
- 2017 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- 2017 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2017 Council Work Sessions UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
Closing Date: Monday, February 27, 2017
- Firefighter (2 positions)- Fire & Rescue ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Property Control Officer- Finance ($41,082-$51,353)
- WIC Nutrition Coordinator- WIC ($41,082-$51,353)
- Laborer- CDOT ($25,830-$32,288)
- Equipment Operator- CDOT ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Construction Manager- CDOT ($45,018 - $56,273)
- Receptionist- Transit ($21,484-$26,855)
- Driver- Transit ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Safety & Training Coordinator- Transit ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Mobility Support Secretary- Transit ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Education Supervisor- CYC ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Finance Management Specialist- QHA ($49,200-$61,500)
- Supply Coordinator- QHA ($28,372-$35,465)
- Information Security Specialist- IT ($45,018 - $56,273)
- Infrastructure Services Manager (Re-advertisement)- IT ($53,792-$67,240)
- Early Childhood Immersion Instructor (Re-advertisement)- KPEP ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Stocking Coordinator- Natural Resources ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Lead Environmental Laboratory Technician- Natural Resources ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Youth Development Professional (2 positions)- CYC ($31,078 - $38,848)
- KPEP Receptionist (Re-advertisement)- KPEP ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Early Childhood Language Specialist Assistant- KPEP ($25,830-$32,288)
Closing Date: Friday, February 17, 2017
- Full-Time Paramedic - Tribal EMS ($34,112 - $42,640)
- Housekeeper II (2 positions) - Housekeeping ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Bottle Water Crew Leader - Cherokee Bottle Water ($37,474 - $46,843)
- Mason - Facility Management ($25,830 - $32,288)
- Recreation Manager - Cherokee Life Recreation ($49,200 - $61,500)
- Dispatcher / Substitute Driver - Transit ($28,372 - $35,465)
- Electrician (2 positions) - Facility Management ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Grants / Contract Analyst - Grants Compliance ($37,474 - $46,843)
- Community Health Representative (Re-advertisement) - Community Health ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Environmental Aquatic Specialist (Re-advertisement) - Environmental & Natural Resources ($37,474 - $46,843)
- Utility Worker - Solid Waste ($21,484 - $26,855)
Open Until Filled
- Detention Officer - Detention Services ($31,078 - $38,848)
- Part Time - Paramedic - Tribal EMS ($34,112 $42,640)
- RN Supervisor - Tsali Care Center ($49,200 - $61,500)
- Cook Aide - Tsali Care Center ($19,598 - $24,498)
- RN - Tsali Care Center ($45,018 - $56,273)
- C.N.A. - Tsali Care Center ($23,616 - $29,520)
- Associate Attorney General IV - Civil Law ($91,348 - $114,185)
- Tribal Prosecutor II - Criminal law ($83,722 - $104,653)
- Teacher - Dora Reed Center /QBHS/EHS ($28,372 - $35,465)
- Associate Attorney General III - Civil Law ($76,670 - $95,838)
- Network Administrator - Broadband ($41,082 - $51,353)
- Family Safety Grant Coordinator - Family Safety ($34,112 - $42,640)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.