- 2018 Budget Council UPCOMING
- 2018 Work Sessions/Committee Meetings UPCOMING
- 2018 Tribal Council UPCOMING
- Executive Office UPCOMING
- ARCHIVED LIVE STREAMS
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEROKEE GOVERNMENT AND OUR PROUD HISTORY.
Cherokee is a sovereign nation, meaning it has its own laws, elections, government, institutions, and the like. Though it certainly has relationships with the United States federal government and the North Carolina state government that are vitally important, students and the general population may be interested to know that the Cherokees are self-governed and autonomous.
WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to addressing the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a “job.” Working with EBCI, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our community. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy.
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years), Annual/ Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
- Paramedic Part-Time (Multiple) - EMS - Operations ($16.40 - $20.50 per hour)
- Paramedic Full-Time (Multiple) - EMS - Operations (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
Closing Friday March 30, 2018
- Administrative Assistant - Heart to Heart Child Advocacy - PHHS (L5 $25,830 - $32,288)
- Victim Services Coordinator - Heart to Heart - Child Advocacy - PHHS (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Teacher (Multiple) - Qualla Boundary HS/EHS - PHHS (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Cook - Qualla Boundary HS/EHS - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Director of Snowbird and Cherokee County Services - Executive (L14 $58,794 - $73,493)
- Youth Development Professional - Cherokee Youth Center - CERS (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Program Manager - Heart to Heart Child Advocacy Center - PHHS (L12 $49,200 - $61,500)
Closing Friday March 23, 2018
- Collections Processor - Qualla Housing Authority - Housing (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
- Administrative Assistant - Qualla Housing Authority - Housing (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Housekeeper I Light Duty - Housekeeping - Operations (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Detention Officer (Multiple) - Corrections - CIPD (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Evidence Control Custodian - CIPD (L7 $31,078 - $38,848)
- Assistant Education Coordinator - Emergency Medical Services - Operations (L9 $37,474 - $46,843)
- Supervisor - H.E.L.P. - Housing and Community Development (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Administrative Assistant - Housing and Community Development - Housing (L6 $28,372 - $35,465)
Closing Friday March 30, 2018
- Family Safety Social Worker - Family Safety - PHHS (L10 $41,082 - $51,353)
- Teacher Assistant (Multiple) - Qualla Boundary HS/EHS - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Cook - Senior Citizens - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Cook - Tsali Care Center - PHHS (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Cook Aide - Tsali Care Center - PHHS (L2 $19,598 - $24,498)
- Housekeeper - Tsali Care Center - PHHS (L3 $21,484 - $26,855)
- Driver - Transit - Administration (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Truck Driver/Crew Leader - Solid Waste - Operations (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
- Maintenance Utility - Facilities - SB/CC Services (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Maintenance Utility Worker (Tsali Manor) - Qualla Housing - Housing (L4 $23,616 - $29,520)
- Technologies Buyer - Purchasing - Treasury (L8 $34,112 - $42,640)
CULTURE AND ENROLLMENT.
Many people want to know about becoming a tribal member based on having a relative of Cherokee descent. Enrollment in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians is governed by Cherokee Code, Chapter 49, Enrollment, and restricts enrollment. Click the link below to learn about the process.