- WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to meeting the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with the EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a ‘job’. Working with the EBCI gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our Tribal communities. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy!
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 10 years), Annual/Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Mark Junaluska, Kevin Primo, or Cayla Cucumber at the contact information listed below.
We are aware that applicants are not receiving confirmation emails. We are working to resolve these issues.
When you submit an application, a green check mark will appear in the upper left-hand corner letting you know the application was received. If the application has not been submitted, a red X will appear in the upper left-hand corner, which will indicate that the application was not received. Some sections require that information be submitted before you will be allowed to proceed to the next section as indicated by an asterisk (*).
If you are unable to attach files, please email them or deliver them to our main offices located at 806 Acquoni Road Suite 100. If you are unable to submit the application, contact us as soon as possible. If you encounter an issue during the weekend, we advise that you immediately send Employment Department personnel an email detailing the issue you have encountered. ALL positions will close at 11:59 pm on the closing date. Please review job descriptions carefully. Most positions require strict adherence to the job description qualifications unless indicated otherwise. Please be advised that all Law Enforcement applicants must be at least 21 years of age when applying. Additionally, if the Job Description states ‘required’ or ‘must have’, you must have the experience or licensures, certificates, diplomas, etc. at the time you are applying or you will not be considered qualified for the position. You may email or deliver the documents to the HR Suite location listed above if you are unable to attach them to the application.
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Please be advised that all positions designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ are subject to a higher degree of scrutiny and include THC Metabolites in the drug panel as a disqualifier.
A safety sensitive position is one where the employee is responsible for his/her own safety or other people’s safety. It requires a sharp mind to perform the job safely and responsibly. Some safety sensitive positions require random drug-screening to ensure compliance with DOT and other safety regulations as well as other certification requirements. If an applicant fails a pre-employment drug screen, they will not be allowed to re-apply with the EBCI for at least 60 days.
Open Until Filled
- Detention Officer (Multiple): Detention Services – Public Safety (L7 $33,250 - $41,574) SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION Apply
- PT Paramedic (Multiple): Emergency Medical Services – Public Safety (L8 $17.55 - $21.94 per hour) SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION Apply
- Youth Development Professional: Cherokee Youth Center – Community Education & Recreation Services (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) Apply
- Certified Nursing Assistant: Tribal In-Home Care Services – PHHS (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) Apply
- Driver (Multiple): Transit – Operations (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION Apply
- Teacher (Multiple): Qualla Boundary Head Start & Early Head Start – PHHS (L7 $33,250 - $41,574) Apply
- Real Estate Associate Attorney: Tribal Realty Services – Office of the Attorney General (L15 $68,704 - $85,886) Apply
- Social Worker (Multiple): Family Safety Program – PHHS (L10 $43,956 - $54,950) Apply
- Legislative Financial Director: Tribal Council (L21 $116,354 - $145,421) Apply
- Tribal Prosecutor II: Criminal Law Department – Office of the Attorney General (L18 $89,580 - $110,970) Apply
- Office Administrator: Cherokee Choices/Nurse Family Partnership – PHHS (L6 $30,357 - $37,946) Apply
- Arts & Crafts Instructor: Cherokee Youth Center - Department of Education (L3 $22,990 - $28,732) Apply
Closing August 14, 2022
- Education Manager – Qualla Boundary Head Start/Early Head Start – Public Health and Human Services (L10 $43,956 - $54,950) Apply
- Professional Development Coordinator – Qualla Boundary Head Start/Early Head Start – Public Health and Human Services (L9 $40,105 - $50,121) Apply
- Literacy/Multi-Cultural Coordinator – Qualla Boundary Head Start/Early Head Start – Public Health and Human Services (L8 $36,500 - $45,625) Apply
- Dispatcher/Substitute Driver – Transit – Operations (L6 $30,357 - $37,946) Apply
- Deputy Clerk – Tribal Court – Judicial Branch (L6 $30,357 - $37,946) Apply
- Advertising Sales Coordinator – Cherokee One Feather – Commerce (L8 $36,500 - $45,625) Apply
- Youth Development Professional – Cherokee Youth Center – Community/Education/Recreation Services (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) Apply
- Early Childhood Language Assistant – Kituwah Preservation and Education Program – Community/Education/Recreation Services (L6 $30,357 - $37,946) Apply
- Electrician Helper – Qualla Housing Services – Housing (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) Apply
- Carpenter – Qualla Housing Services – Housing (L7 $33,250 - $41,574) Apply
- Probation Officer – Corrections – Cherokee Indian Police Department (L8 $36,500 - $45,625) Apply
- Human Services Director – Family Safety – Public Health and Human Services (L18 $89,580 - $111,970) Apply
Indian preference does apply, and an online job application must be submitted for each position applied for.
Human Resources Contacts.
- Sarah Teesateskie
Division Secretary - Human Resources
- Mark L. Junaluska
- Kevin Primo
Employment Specialist II
- Cayla 'Boss' Cucumber
Employment Specialist I
- Virginia 'Bea' Grant
- Training & Development
- Juanita Wilson
Training & Development Manager
- Jenny Cartwright
Training & Development Specialist
- Venita Wolfe
Training & Development Specialist
- Micah Swimmer
Cherokee Language & Culture Specialist
- Whitney Reed
- Letitia George
- Laura Smith
- Sonya Lossiah
Organizational Development Coordinator
- Erin Taylor
- Joseph 'Jay' Eagleman III