- WONDERING ABOUT JOBS IN CHEROKEE? JOIN THE EBCI TEAM.
Would you like to become a valued member of a team that is committed to meeting the needs of our people? If so, please consider a career with the EBCI. We value diversity and seek to provide our team members with long-term careers that are much more than just a ‘job’. Working with the EBCI gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of people in our Tribal communities. Join our team to help preserve Cherokee’s cultural legacy!
EBCI has one of the best benefits packages in the region.
Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan, EBCI-Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 10 years), Annual/Sick Leave Accrual, Paid Holidays.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Mark Junaluska, Kevin Primo, or Chavella Bailey at the contact information listed below.
We are aware that applicants are not receiving confirmation emails. We are working to resolve these issues.
When you submit an application, a green check mark will appear in the upper left-hand corner letting you know the application was received. If the application has not been submitted, a red X will appear in the upper left-hand corner, which will indicate that the application was not received. Some sections require that information be submitted before you will be allowed to proceed to the next section as indicated by an asterisk (*).
If you are unable to attach files, please email them or deliver them to our main offices located at 806 Acquoni Road Suite 100. If you are unable to submit the application, contact us as soon as possible. If you encounter an issue during the weekend, we advise that you send us an email detailing the issue you have encountered. ALL positions will close at 11:59 pm on the closing date. Please review job descriptions carefully. Most positions require strict adherence to the job description qualifications unless indicated otherwise. Please be advised that all Law Enforcement applicants must be at least 21 years of age when applying. Additionally, if the Job Description states ‘required’ or ‘must have’, you must have the experience or licensures, certificates, diplomas, etc. at the time you are applying or you will not be considered qualified for the position. You may email or deliver the documents to the HR Suite location listed above if you are unable to attach them to the application.
The EBCI Human Resources Offices will be operating on a modified schedule until further notice. You may contact us through email: The information is located below.
If you need in-person assistance, please call 828-359-6388 for an appointment.
The Human Resources staff is also available via email.
Closing Sunday, April 18, 2021
- Equipment Operator – Cherokee Department of Transportation – Operations (L8 $36,500 - $45,625) Apply
- Maintenance Supervisor – Facilities – Snowbird/Cherokee County Services (L8 $36,500 - $45,625) Apply
- Community Health Representative – Snowbird/Cherokee County Services (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) Apply
- Lead Grants and Contract Analyst – Grants Compliance – Treasury (L10 $43,956 - $54,950) Apply
- Teacher – Qualla Boundary Head Start/Early Head Start – Public Health and Human Services (L7 $33,250 - $41,574) Apply
- Teacher Assistant – Qualla Boundary Head Start/Early Head Start – Public Health and Human Services (L4 $25,261 - $31,581) Apply
- Education Manager – Qualla Boundary Head Start/Early Head Start – Public Health and Human Services (L10 $43,956 - $54,950) Apply
- Human Services Director – Family Safety – Public Health and Human Services (L18 $89,580 - $111,970) Apply
- Quality Inspector – Qualla Housing Services – Housing (L8 $36,500 - $45,625) Apply
- Property Manager – Qualla Housing Services – Housing (L12 $52,635 - $65,811) Apply
- Family Safety Attorney – Civil Law – Office of the Attorney General (L17 $82,036 - $102,556) Apply
- Operator and Maintenance Mechanic (Multiple) – Waste Water Treatment Program – Operations (L7 $33,250 - $41,574) Apply
Open Until Filled
Indian preference does apply, and an online job application must be submitted for each position applied for.
Human Resources Contacts.
- Sarah Teesateskie
Division Secretary - Human Resources
- Mark L. Junaluska
- Kevin Primo
Employment Specialist II
- Chavella Bailey
Employment Specialist I
- Iris Long
HR Office Coordinator
- Melody Little
HR Clerk / Receptionist
- Training & Development
- Juanita Wilson
Training & Development Manager
- Jenny Cartwright
Training & Development Specialist
- Venita Wolfe
Training & Development Specialist
- Micah Swimmer
Cherokee Language & Culture Specialist
- Whitney Reed
- Jewell Fischer
- Letitia George
- Laura Smith
- Sonya Lossiah
Organizational Development Coordinator
- Erin Taylor