The North Carolina Cooperative Extension is an educational partnership helping people put research-based knowledge to work for economic prosperity, environmental stewardship, and an improved quality of life. The Cooperative Extension is your direct access to North Carolina State University and North Carolina A&T State University, along with all UNC School System Extension participants, and the National Network of Extension Programs, including Indian Country Extension Programs. We strive to do the following:
- Enhance agriculture, forest, and food systems.
- Develop responsible youth.
- Strengthen and sustain families.
- Conserve and improve the environment and natural resources.
- Build quality communities.
- Preserve and protect Cherokee culture.