Department of Education
The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ Department of Education provides the vision, tools, staff, and oversight necessary to keep a proud nation strong through the power of learning and development. The department is subdivided into many areas based on task and responsibility. We offer a variety of programming and services for Tribal members, from pre-K childcare to participants in the Senior Games.
To better improve the quality of services offered, the Department of Education has completed the following projects:
- Updated guidelines for Higher Education to provide more options for students.
- Upgrades at the Fitness Complex to improve pool usage and temperature control, as well as new doors to provide better security and adherence to age restrictions, in order to provide a safer environment for our patrons.
- New leadership at Recreation and a renewed focus on providing better services to our community.
- Approved funding for a new Youth Center.03
- Approval by the North Carolina Legislature that will provide a quicker path to certifying language teachers for New Kituwah.
- A complete renovation of the Qualla Library and expanded programming to upgrade the services we offer.
- The Richard (Yogi) Crowe Scholarship Fund