Cherokee Youth and Education
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
Our core program areas provide an overall framework for programming in a Boys & Girls Club. Core programs engage young people in activities with adults, peers, and family members that enable them to develop self-esteem and reach their full potential. Each program is based on the physical, emotional, cultural, and social needs and interests of young people and on recognizing developmental principles. Clubs offer program activities in these five core areas:
- Character and Leadership Development: Programs in this core area empower youth to support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image and good character, participate in the democratic process, and respect their own and others’ cultural identities.
- Education and Career Development: Programs in this core area enable youth to become skilled in basic educational disciplines, set goals, explore careers, prepare for employment, and embrace technology to achieve success in a career.
- Health and Life Skills: Programs in this core area develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being; set personal goals; and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
- Arts & Culture: Programs in this core area enable youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, crafts, performing arts, and creative writing.
- Sports, Fitness, and Recreation: Programs in this core area develop fitness, sportsmanship and teamwork; positive use of leisure time; skills for stress management; appreciation for the environment; and social skills.
Click here to visit the EBCI Education and Training website.